If you've been a wedding guest, ever, you probably remember how much fun the wedding was. The band!
All the happy people all in one place.
Tears of joy.
But have you ever been to a wedding where you thought, "Well, this one is going to be hard to top?" Welcome to the wedding of Amy and Brandon. She (from the UK) and he (from Canada) met many years ago while working at the same skating rink. Brandon plays hockey (fully aware of the cliché) and Amy is an accomplished figure skater.
Amy and Brandon are so connected and so deeply in love. It's in their eyes every time they look at each other. They are the couple that finishes each others' sentences in a genuinely endearing way. Their families were thrilled about their union. Their friends were beyond excited. It was non-stop contagious elation. Amy's father and stepfather cried when they saw her in her dress for the first time. There was so much pride and love.
Then throw in the following:
- a forecast for inches of rain, but a full day of sunshine.
- an adorable and charismatic flower girl.
- a ceremony at the end of a dock overlooking the historic Charleston peninsula.
- custom-written vows that drew as many laughs as tears.
- a cake-cutting psych-out involving shots.
- a stunner of a sunset over the USS Yorktown, a National Historic Landmark.
So... yeah. You might say Amy and Brandon's wedding was one to remember.